Monday, September 12, 2016

ESSENTIAL TWEEZERMAN BEAUTY TOOLS!

When you think of beauty tools what's the first thing that comes to your mind?

I instantly think of makeup brushes, tweezers and razors! Now imagine if you had to be without these tools? No way! I'm so dependant on beauty tools that I would be a complete mess, literally! 

As a makeup artist, makeup wearer and beauty lover I understand the importance of having reliable tools to achieve your look. I own several brands of brushes, lash glue and makeup but I tend to gravitate towards a select few tools that I know can rely on because I've done so in the past to help me get the job done with little fuss! That's why I was so happy when the good folks at Tweezerman sent me a few of their beauty tools to test out. I received 3 eyelash curlers, the iQ eye defining brush set and a funky print tweezer.



This set includes the iQ Line Glider brush , Shader brush and Blender brush. I used all 3 brushes on a model last weekend ( click here to view pictures on Instagram) and I was impressed by the quality of all the brushes, but the one that stole my heart was the Glider brush. The curved shape of the brush is really unique. I used gel liner and was able to pick up the product from my palette easily. I lightly lined the models' eyes and I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to create a precise wing even with a curved tip brush. A wing liner is a bit tricky for me but the curve and the tip of the brush made it easier. I used the multifunctional Blender brush to pack on shadow to the lid and blend colours, then used the Shader brush to very lightly smoke out the bottom lash line. 




For years I've used the same lash curler from the drugstore on myself and clients. I have one in my kit and a similar one in my personal makeup bag. It never dawned on me ,until I was exposed to the ProCurl and ProMaster lash curlers, that the lash curler I've been using for years is a one size fits all. Does that make sense? How is that possible when we don't all have the same eye shape! Once I realized this, I did a quick search online to see if all other lash curlers from various brands were a one size fits all , and yes they were! 

The ProCurl and ProMaster are not a one size fits all beauty tool. They are part of Tweezerman Lash Logic series. These are specially tailored to suite diverse eye shapes such as almond, deep set and round eyes. ProCurl is created for round eyes and the ProMaster is for almond or deep set eyes. I have almond and deep set eyes so the ProMaster has become my new best friend. I've used it everyday since receiving it. I've also changed the silicone pad and used it on my almond eyed clients. It really does make a difference. The ProMaster is designed with an extra wide opening as almond eyes are typically larger and longer in length. The larger opening is designed to reach every lash and give it a nice curl.It really does reach every single lash!

ProCurl won Allure Magazines 2105 Best of Beauty Award and is for round eyes and opens to a 60 degree angle. It has the same comfort grip as the ProMaster and comes with 2 silicone pads. For best results the silicone pad should be changed every 3 months. I'm obsessed with rose gold so the ProCurl has been on display on my vanity since I received it! It adds a very nice touch to the space. YES! I do display beauty tools, especially if they look this pretty and shiny! I love the construction of both the ProCurl and ProMaster. They are sturdy and don't feel flimsy while I'm using them. 

As a makeup artist I always curl my clients lashes, regardless if they already have a natural curl. If I am applying false lashes, I curl the natural lashes first, then curl the false lashes before applying them for that extra oomph!

In my day to day makeup wear I used to curl my lashes 60% of the time, but now with the ProMaster I notice a really big difference so I started doing it everyday! Even if I'm not planning on wearing mascara that day I still curl them!



Tweezerman has created a portable version of their Classic lash curler. It folds in half and is very lightweight. It has a wide opening, but not as wide as the ProMaster. I particiulary love the bright pink handle and because it folds in half you don't have to compromise great lashes for space in your makeup bag!  This is a must have product for all you jet setters out there!



My eyebrows grow at a very unique rate, i.e. lightning speed , so I'm constantly trimming and tweezing my full brows. I instantly loved this mini tweezer for it's unique fun print and because the slant on the tweezers as well as the the size of the tweezer allow me to get really close to the short stubborn hairs I have. This print along with other funky prints also come in a full size but I personally prefer the mini for travelling convenience. 

I really enjoyed using these products and will invest in this and this from Tweezerman as well this gorgeous gun metal set ( giveaway anyone!!!!). You can buy Tweezerman products in all major drugstores around the globe.


Disclaimer: I was not paid for this review. The products were provided to me free of charge, however I was not asked for a favourable review. The opinions expressed in this post are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)