Tuesday, June 30, 2015

EYELINER 101!

Every makeup bag needs a good black eyeliner to help create that perfect cat eye look! It's no secret how much I love my eyeliner, but it seems I'm on a never ending quest to find the best black eyeliner out there. It's been a long 15 years but I think I got it! Actually, because I'm a self proclaimed makeup junkie I couldn't narrow it down to just 1 so I had to list my top 9. I have all these eyeliners in my makeup bag ( no joke!)  and I use them quite a bit. I reach for my gel or liquid liners when I want an extra bold look.  For a soft smokey eye I opt for a pencil liner instead. Regardless of the type of liner I use they all have to be long wearing, smudge proof, easy to apply and of course black.




1. This is my most used gel liner. I use a MAC 266 or 263 brush to apply it .The consistency of the 
gel is great and it last all day.Gel liners require a bit of practise to achieve the perfect line but this smooth gel formula definitely makes it a lot easier. Fluidline is a cult favourite.    MAC Fluidline 

2. I love the fine tip on this liquid pencil. It's great for precise application around the eyes. The tip glides very easily and this liquid pencil never smudges. EVER! Stila Stay All Day waterproof eyeliner


3. Allure Best of Beauty Award Winner multiple times. Extremely smooth gel formula. Great staying power all day and night. My favourite gel liner to use on clients because I can guarantee them this gel liner will not budge. Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner


4. This is a great drugstore gel liner! The formula has changed in the past year or so for the best.It's so easy to apply and it dries quickly so you don't have to wait for it to dry before putting on falsies or mascara. I love that this gel liner comes with it's own brush! I recommend this gel liner for any beginners to eyeliner. Maybelline Lasting Drama by Eyestudio Gel Eyeliner

5. I use The Curve when I'm rushing out the door and can't deal with brushes at that moment. I really like the very skinny tip so you can use it for precision work around the eyes and you always get a sharp clean line. The Curve offers excellent colour payoff and is very quick drying. This is another great drugstore product. NYX The Curve Liner


6. Totalbeauty.com named the Rimmel London Scandal Eyes liner best Kohl Pencil. According to their readers "this drugstore brand stands up to other high-end products". This liner has a very smooth and creamy consistently so it applies very effortlessly. I noticed the staying power of this liner in my waterline on a very humid day; no smudging or running of the product.  Pencil liners are the most commonly used eye liners mostly because their easy to use.  Rimmel London Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl



7. This is my go-to liner for any dramatic eye look (think Arabic style). I love the colour payoff on this gel liner and it's one of the smoothest and creamiest formulas on the market. Make UP FOR EVER Aqua 


8. I've been using this liquid liner for for over 10 years now. The short handle is great for precision work around the eyes, the liquid glides on easily and drys quickly. One of the best products Revlon has ever produced.  Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner


9. The cheapest blackest drugstore liquid liner on the market . The liquid formula is out of this world. It's really creamy so applying it is effortless. I would highly recommend using this liner to practise if your new to liquid liners. It has a short handle for accurate applications. Great all around product. NYC New York Color Liquid Eyeliner

If you think you found the best BLACK eyeliner , leave a comment below!









No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)