Saturday, July 11, 2015

Skin Saving DIY Facial Mask

Hi Beauties,

I've been so upset lately at how my skin has looked the past few weeks. I don't remember when my last facial or exfoliating treatment was. I've noticed more blackheads around my chin and nose area, dull complexion and of course the dreaded acne around my T-zone...gross! Not sure if it's because of the heat or stress!




So began my mission to find something to save my skin! As I'm trying to live a more wholesome lifestyle, I decided to forgo the chemically induced facial treatments and opt for a more holistic approach to my skin problem. I decided to make my own facial mask. Yes, I've become a DIY'er! Masks are great to use once or twice a week, depending on your skin, to deep clean and re-hydrate your skin! I researched a lot of masks online until I found one that not only benefits my skin in many ways (skin brightener, acne reduction, pore diminishing) but also uses wholesome ingredients. This one is by far the most effective and now my "GO-TO " weekly mask:


COCONUT OIL + HONEY + LEMON 




Organic Coconut Oil is naturally rich in antioxidants. It helps eliminate dry cells, clears acne, unclogs pores, promotes skin elasticity, and helps hydrate the skin even after washing it off as it penetrates deep into the skin cells! 

Raw Honey is used to hydrate and moisturise the skin, fades acne scars/blemishes, and exfoliates skin cells when combined with other oils such as coconut or olive. 


Lemon Juice acts as a natural astringent and is amazing at killing bacteria that causes acne. 


These ingredients combined together make a powerhouse mask that costs less than .75 cents a batch!!!


Ingredients:


1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 teaspoons raw honey
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice

Directions:

1 Combine the above ingredients thoroughly in a small mixing bowl.
2 Apply a thick coat of the mixture onto your clean face.
3 Allow the mixture to sink in for 10 minutes. Rinse off with cool water.


Too easy right ? It's been 2 weeks since I made my first batch of this miracle mask and I LOVE IT! My skin looks dewy (not oily), hydrated, and my acne diminished in 2 days! I didn't wear makeup today, just moisturiser, and I had a natural glow to my skin that I hadn't seen in a long time! So happy I came across this skin saving mask!

Give it a try and let me know what you think! 


Maha




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)