Sunday, January 3, 2016

ESSENTIAL DAY+ NIGHT LIP CARE

 
(Source Google Image)
We have a hair care routine, feet care routine, and skin care routine (day+night) but how many of us have a lip care routine? In the Winter months your lips will take a lot of abuse because they lack natural protection. Your lips don't have any oils for sweat glands needed for protection from the cold and wind.They can become chapped, blistered, and sometimes even bleed from wind burn, Ouch! Let's show our lips some TLC this winter by following this routine. 

Start off by exfoliating your lips to get rid of all the dry skin that builds up over time. As you know I'm a DIY beauty concoction enthusiast( does that even make sense?) so of course I have a basic but effective lip scrub recipe to share with you:

LIP EXFOLIATING SCRUB

2 TBS Brown or White Sugar
1 TBS Organic Coconut or Almond Oil (I prefer Coconut)
1 TBS Organic Honey or Maple Syrup

Mix the sugar and coconut oil in a small bowl. Ensure they are mixed well as this will become the base of the scrub.Combine the honey or maple syrup to the bowl and mix well. Transfer the scrub into a small jar( a baby food jar will do). The lip scrub can be used 2-3 times a week and should be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.

After all the dead skin cells have been scrubbed off, you need to add some hydration back to your lips as they may feel a bit "parched". In the daytime you should use a lip balm that has at least SPF 20. I recently started to use Jack Black intense therapy lip balm with SPF 25 and I really like it. Maybelline Baby lips SPF 20 is also a really good product to use. 

In the night time I HIGHLY recommend using a product that will help your lips heal from the day's stress. I just started to incorporate a lip balm into my night time routine (by now my night time routine ends as the sun is rising...beauty is work!). On a recommendation from a dermatologist I started using Sally Hansen overnight lip recovery balm. The company states that " this product will revitalise and repair your lips as you sleep". It helps combat night time water loss so your lips stay super hydrated and plumped in the morning. I have to say I'm really happy with the Sally Hansen lip balm. It has surpassed my expectations as my lips in the morning not only feel super hydrated and smooth, but I noticed my lips are a brighter pink than usual. This may be because they are really hydrated. I love it and I'll definitely continue to add this balm into my routine.

If you wear lipstick during the day, you can still ensure your lips stay hydrated and smooth by using a moisturizing lipstick. A drugstore brand I really like is Rimmel London Moisture renew  is Estèe Lauder long lasting lipstick.

I hope you take my advice and add a day+night lip care routine, your lips will thank you in the morning :)


Maha 
xoxo



1 comment:

  1. This is great! I made this lip scrub last week and have used it twice so far and my lips are soooo soft and supple, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)