Wednesday, February 17, 2016

First Impressions: L'Oreal True Match Lumi Cushion


I first heard about the True Match Lumi Cushion from my favourite youtube guru, Jaclyn Hill. I don't usually watch Youtube videos as I don't have the time , however, on my downtime I enjoy watching her spunky videos. She talked about how much she loved the Lumi Cushion and how it's actually replaced one of her high end foundations. Of course, I had to try it out for myself!                                  
                                          
                                                             L'Oreal True Match Lumi Cushion

The Lumi Cushion packaging is rose gold and super glamorous. You know how I love me some good packaging! I have it displayed on my glass vanity and it adds that pop of glam! 

For a drugstore foundation I found the $20 price tag a bit steep for the .51 oz product, but I bought it anyway.Lumi Cushion comes in 8 shades. I had a hard time finding the perfect match for my skin tone. I ended up buying Perfect Beige which wasn't my exact colour but was the closest to my skin tone.
The foundation comes with it's own "puff" for easy application. I wasn't too crazy about it at first sight but it's probably the only tool that will work with this foundation. I tried to use my beauty blender but I felt it absorbed too much of the product. I used my real technique stippling brush but the application looked patchy. I reverted back to the "puff" as it made more sense.I used dabbing motions to apply the foundation. I don't recommend you swipe the foundation onto your skin as you will see the strip of foundation along your face. The foundation is very buildable. I applied one coat of foundation and loved the dewy finish it gave. I could have stopped there but I decided to add another coat of foundation. Two coats of Lumi Cushion foundation and you are a glowing dewy goddess! I love it! I didn't feel it left my skin shiny in a way that looked greasy.It added a nice glow to my skin. At first, I didn't add any setting powder but after a half hour of wear I decided it was best to set the foundation. Even after applying the Laura Mercier setting powder I still noticed my skin had a glow to it. You don't have to use any setting powder, but I decided it was best because I was going out in the freezing cold :)

My final thoughts on the True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation: I still find the $20 price tag a bit high for the .51 oz product. I'm not too thrilled that the best way to apply the foundation is using the "puff" it comes with for sanitary reasons( how do you wash it after a few uses?). The best way to apply the product is by using the "puff" as well as dabbing motions. I hope L'Oreal comes out with more shade ranges.With all that to say, I will be repurchasing the True Match Lumi Cushion foundation as I've been wearing it everyday since purchase and have received so many compliments on how luminous my skin looks. Even in the dead of winter, I was able to achieve a glowy complexion from a foundation! L'Oreal, thank you for such a great product :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)