Friday, April 22, 2016

Kiehl's Turmeric and Cranberry Seed Radiance Mask


The last sprinklings of Winter have faded away and Spring has finally settled it's sweet self around here. The sun is setting later and the weather is quite warm. I so deeply enjoy that feeling of rejuvenation that comes with this season. 

Speaking of rejuvenation, don't you feel your skin from the cold and bitter wind seems a bit dry and dull? I noticed this the other day as I was cleansing my face. Where did my glow go? I have to admit I've been lazy with my night time skin routine...Gasp! I decided to fix this quickly as I don't like knowing I look dull and lack lustre!  



Kiehl's recently launched a new masque containing Turmeric and Cranberry seed. As I was curious to unconver the benefits of these ingredients I ended up purchasing the 75 ML jar and received the deluxe sample as a bonus. 

Turmeric is a potent anti-inflammatory spice that is used while cooking but also has amazing skin benefits. Turmeric can treat acne scars, exfoliate dead skin, clear eczema, and provides a youthful glow to the skin.

Cranberry seeds are loaded with anti-oxidants that help fight premature ageing and is the only oil that has a perfect ratio of Omega 3&6 fatty acids so it absorbs quickly into the skin.

The masque is packaged in a red tub. It's not fancy packaging by any means and stays true to Kiehls brand of minimalist packaging. When I opened the tub I was expecting a strong fragrance but it was very light. I appreciate products that don't have an overwhelming scent, especially masques that are meant to be left on your skin for some time.




\\Top,Turmeric and Cranberry Seed Masque Applied to right side//
\\Bottom, Masque Washed Off //

 This masque is very easy to use. You apply a thick layer of product on your face and leave it on for 5-10 minutes. Once ready to remove,you add a bit of water to your face and rub the product, gently, in circular motions. As you can see by the first image above the masque dries to a firm consistency(the right side). By adding water you're releasing the exfoliating cranberry seeds. The exfoliation is very gentle so no need to worry about over or harsh exfoliation to your skin. After exfoliation, either splash water on your face to remove the rest of the product or use a facial towel dipped in a bit of water to gently remove the product. Kiehl's is advertising this masque as an "instant facial" that will brighten the look of dull skin. By looking at the second image above(the right side) of my hand)you notice a considerable difference from the left side of my hand where I didn't apply the product. The skin on the right hand side is very smooth, brighter and radiant. The skin on the left hand side is still dull and lacklustre.  Even after washing my hands through out the day the right side felt very smooth and baby soft:)

I have used the masque on my face twice a week for 6 weeks now. I haven't broken out or experienced dry itchy patches after exfoliating.

My only concern with this mask is that I don't believe it helped shrink or fully clean out my pores like a regular facial would. I believe the cranberry seeds may actually be too gentle as an exfoliating product. Overall the Kiehl's Tumeric and Cranberry Seed masque is a good mask that will give you a gleaming,lustrous and healthy glow to your skin. The exfoliating cranberry seeds are not harsh on the skin and offer gentle exfoliation for an improved overall complexion.

The radiance you achieve with this product lasts for a couple of days wich is a bonus!I'm very happy with how brightened and radiant my skin looks after each use and I plan on continuing to use the Kiehl's Turmeric and Cranberry Seed Masque.


MAHA
XO

*I purchased this product.It was NOT provided to me as a gift. Opinions expressed in this post are my own*




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)