Tuesday, July 5, 2016

First Impressions : Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup



Have you ever stayed in an upscale hotel or driven in a luxury car and felt that from now on you can't settle for anything less than this experience? This is how I feel about the Estée Lauder Double Wear, Stay-In-Place Makeup. I truly believe I have found the Maserati of all foundations! Double Wear exudes glamour and luxury and I desperately need it in my life from now on!



Double Wear is long wearing, 15 hours to be exact, has a fluid texture, provides medium coverage, very lightweight and gives a semi-matte natural finish. This foundation comes in 3 tones (C) cool, (N) neutral, and (W) warm and has over 30 shades to choose from. 
//Wearing Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup in Ivory Beige. Soft lighting and NO editing//

I was introduced to the Double Wear Makeup on one of my lunch break visits to Nordstrom. I really wasn't shopping for a new foundation, but sometimes god has plans for you and you must accept it ( I'm being a bit dramatic I know). The overly exuberant sales lady insisted I test it out and promised me I would be pleased. I had a hard time saying no, so I reluctantly propped myself onto her mini stool and waited while she matched me to a shade. I convinced her to let me take the lead and I applied the makeup the best way I knew how to apply foundation. I warmed the foundation on the back of my hand in circular motions and applied it to one side of my face with a flat brush. I stepped into the light she had setup beside her counter and was pleasantly surprised at the overall natural finish + semi sheen I saw to my skin after one coat. I liked how silky and soft it felt on my skin and how even my complexion looked. I was impressed but wasn't blown away. I did the other side of my face and told the sales lady, " I would think about it, I like it but I don't love it". Back to office I went with a fresh foundation application. As a coincidence, Ottawa that day hit temperatures of 30 degrees and to my surprise my foundation stayed in place. It didn't separate, oxidize or become patchy. Actually , it looked better 4 hours after the initial application. I was a bit perplexed as I had never experienced this with a foundation. How is it that it looked better now than when I applied it at noon?  I researched this magic of a foundation online and it seems that Double Wear was formulated to provide built in long lasting wear. The longer you wear the foundation, it starts to look better on the skin. My skin looked airbrushed 4 hours after I applied it!I have worn the foundation almost every day  since I first purchased it 3 weeks ago and it hasn't let me down.

Final Impressions: I like how soft it feels on my skin and doesn't dry out my already dry skin.I love the fluid rich texture and I'm very pleased with the variety of shades available. I appreciate how it evens out my complexion and provides great medium coverage. I did have to use concealer on a few areas but this is expected with any medium coverage foundation. At $53 it's very comparable cost-wise with other brand name foundations, but I believe Double Wear is best value for your money because not once did I have to "freshen up" my face while wearing this foundation. So I never used any powder to prolong the life of my foundation. The only setback I have with Double Wear is that it doesn't have a pump to extract the foundation. I don't like having to dig into the foundation to get the product. Overall, I can say I have found my HG of foundations! It works so well on my olive toned skin and gives me that perfect fresh, natural and even complexion that I lust after. I truly enjoy wearing this foundation as it does add a bit of luxe into my life and who doesn't want that!


DISCLAMIER: I bought this product with my own funds. The opinions expressed are my own and I am not affiliated with Estée Lauder



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)